Last minute Christmas gift - Deer Ornament

 It's December 25th and I hope you've had a wonderful day spent with family and friends. 
I visit my mother every year on the 24th and after everyone has gone home we pull out the crafting supplies and make a little project. 
Here's the start of our mess ....
This worked out really good as I needed a last minute something to put with a gift certificate for my Sister in law that I will be visiting on the 25th for a festive dinner.
We decided to make an  ornament using the Impression Obsession's deer die. 
 I love this set so much as we have lots of deer in my area and they have always been such meaningful and magical creatures.
 The ornament is made with tin tart shells that I picked up at the dollar store.  They come in a pack of three and made an excellent base for the ornament (they are nice and reflective).  I punched a hole using a heavy duty hole punch and threaded twine as a hanger. Added tinsel,wired ribbon , snowflakes and bells too.

I'm entering my creation in the Last Minute Gifts Challenge over on the IO blog found here!
Here's one of many deer sighting in my yard........

Thanks for peeking in. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays, my friend! Glad you got to spend Christmas eve with your mom & oh my goodness--what a great project! I'm jealous of your SIL getting this incredible ornament! If the IO contest wasn't Random Org you'd win for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Mr Random agreed with me--haha! Congrats on the win, Nat!

      Delete
    2. Awe thanks Greta, your so sweet!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at IO stamps!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Have a great day :)